There is a very fine line between J.Lo glow and oil slick. As the summer season slowly overthrows the crispness of spring, once again dewy makeup has returned as the most promising warm-weather look . If you are prone to oily skin (or just get a little sweaty in the summer), here are some tips to keeping your makeup looking glam, not greasy.
- Luminous foundations aren’t always good idea. They look gorgeous upon application but can soon turn into a shiny nightmare. Stick to your favourite foundation or BB Cream that you know keeps your skin matte. Mix a liquid illuminator into your product of choice and apply all over the face. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 ($50) / L’Oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator ($12.99)
- Use cream products for blush and bronzer. I like to use a foundation stick a few shades darker than my skin tone to bronze up my cheeks, temples, as well as a little bit on my nose and chin. It will help to keep your makeup looking soft and natural.e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Blush ($4) / Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix ($13.99)
- Set your face – especially your t-zone. NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder ($12.99)
- Bring back some of the glow to your skin with a powder highlighter. Apply to the high points of the face. Avoid application on the chin, centre of the forehead, and too high up the bridge of the nose. It can make you look sweaty, and take away from your look. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector ($46)
- Lock it all in place with a setting spray to help it last through the warm weather.NYX Dewy Finish Make-up Setting Spray ($10)